We live in an age where every small or big unique idea that yesterday seemed almost impossible (almost a decade ago) to be appropriately shaped, produced, or developed in reality is now noticeably more straightforward to implement because of the availability of updated tools and technologies around us.
Technological evolution allows software developers to be aware of potential tools and environments for developing, designing, or building custom web or mobile applications within a short period, especially for established businesses and start-ups. There are currently several attractive and efficient web application development frameworks and more to be found on the market. Still, there is one such potential framework developed by Google that, in addition to winning the hearts of developers worldwide, also helps business owners achieve their goals and offers the best solutions for its customers, known as Angular. Thus, hiring a competent Angular developer is essential if you are looking for opportunities to build a web application using the Angular Framework.
Angular – some history
Angular started as a side project. In 2009, Miško Hevery and Adam Abrons launched a <angular /> project to help developers and designers build web applications using simple HTML tags. The name “Angular” comes from the angle brackets or “<>” that surround all the tags. For example, <div>, <span>, and others. Miško talked about how the idea to create the framework came about in a 2013 interview: “We wanted to see if it was possible to simplify the work of web designers, not just developers. Will they add even more HTML to their code to turn a normal static form into something more valuable to send via email? If you had a small business selling pizza, you could add a simple ordering system using the necessary tags, and they would email the server.”
Soon Miško started working at Google, and in 2010 he took up the Google Feedback project. Miško convinced his manager, Brad Green, to rewrite the project using his Angular. The timing and code optimizations that the team showed in work helped convince Google of the power of Angular.
Shortly after the success of Google Feedback, the same team rewrote the open-source library and released Angular 1.0 in May 2011. Angular has grown more and more in popularity over the years.
What is Angular
Angular is an open-source framework used for building web applications. It is developed and maintained by Google and written in TypeScript. Angular provides robust tools and features for building complex and scalable applications, including data binding, dependency injection, and a modular architecture.
Angular uses a component-based approach to building applications, where each component is a self-contained block of code that encapsulates its logic, data, and user interface. Parts can be easily reused across multiple pages and applications, making maintaining a consistent user experience easy.
Angular also provides a rich set of built-in directives and services that can add functionality to your application without writing much code. Additionally, Angular has a strong community of developers and extensive documentation, making it easy to learn and use.
Benefits of Angular framework
Of course, there are reasons behind the vast popularity of the Angular Framework. So what benefits does the framework offers to development teams?
- Stability. All versions of the framework, starting from Angular 2, are compatible. This means you can upgrade your project to a new version of Angular without changing the codebase. In addition, Angular is powered by Google, which further enhances the stability of the framework.
- Modularity. An Angular application is organized into modules. This means that the code consists of separate modules responsible for different functions. You can use modules from the standard Angular package, write your own, or integrate ready-made components developed by the Angular community. In addition, this framework allows “lazy loading,” which loads only the required functions and optimizes the application.
- Code consistency. The component nature of Angular apps keeps the code base organized and easy to maintain. Components are reusable and much more readable for engineers unfamiliar with the code.
- Simple testing. The modular system also simplifies testing because individual components are easier to test. In addition, there are different Angular testing technologies. For example, Protractor is effective for end-to-end testing, while Karma is practical for unit testing.
- Cross-platform. You can use Angular to develop various applications such as web, native and mobile applications. In addition, Angular allows you to create progressive web apps that load like web pages but provide extra functionality usually only offered by native mobile apps.
- Community. Angular is extremely popular among developers and has a large community. There are many Angular communities on the web (Stack Overflow, Gitter groups, LinkedIn, Slack channels, etc.), as well as Angular conferences around the world. This facilitates knowledge sharing.
Who are Angular developers and what do they deal with
An Angular developer is an IT specialist who creates web resources and applications using the capabilities of the Angular framework.
Accordingly, the Angular developer is creating seamless one-page sites using these tools and various components based on them for applications.
A specialist in this area is mainly engaged in frontend development; he creates user interfaces and the external side of web resources.
Its tasks include:
- Writing code;
- Code review;
- Layout of user interfaces based on design layouts;
- Improving the finished product, adding new features and tools;
- Pre-release processing of the application (product);
- Fixing bugs and installing updates.
- Angular and other frameworks based on JS;
- CSS preprocessors;
- REST API
- Cross-browser and adaptive layout of web resources;
- Git version control system;
- Node.js utilities;
- Technical English.
Depending on the employer’s expectations, other requirements may be added, but this is already the subject of individual agreements at the interview.
As for Soft Skills, they are all related to teamwork. Essential skills of an Angular developer:
- Estimation of the scope and scale of the project;
- Ability to read terms of reference;
- Ability to evaluate someone else’s code and make adjustments;
- Collective interaction and business communication skills;
- Pre-project analysis and design;
- Ability to find solutions to technical problems.
Top factors to consider before hiring an Angular developer
To give precise shape to your idea, outline a well-organized strategy, and execute each plan smoothly and efficiently, it is essential to hire a dedicated developer with in-depth knowledge and years of experience in rapidly developing dynamic web applications using the Angular open-source frontend framework. Apart from the actual quality, other important factors ensure that your project is in good hands. The following are the factors you should consider before hiring an Angular developer:
- Rich knowledge of Angular: Getting a developer with a comprehensive understanding of Angular is crucial, which means knowing the proper methods and processes for using the framework to create a web application for your business optimally.
- Stay up to date with updated versions: Since the release of AngularJS, the very first version of Angular developed by the team at Google in 2009, several versions of the framework have already been launched, and each new version is different from the previous ones. Thus, an Angular developer needs to be aware of new versions. Angular 8.0 is the latest version at the moment.
- Experience in Angular development: It is essential to have an experienced developer to work effectively on your project. People with a lot of experience in using Angular can easily understand the client’s requirements and find the right solutions to help meet the business requirements and achieve all goals by developing dynamic web applications. Therefore, before hiring an open-air developer, you should review a resume or portfolio of work projects and read or hear from clients or previous employers to ensure the developer’s quality.
- Experience in API implementation: Angular specialists should be experienced and able to read and effectively implement API documentation. The RESTful API uses HTTP requests for GET-PUT-POST-DELETE data.
- Communication and support: You should hire dedicated developers from a reliable company that values each client and supports them from the beginning of the web application development process. This will help you be on the same page as the developer and be more aware of the development process, in addition to getting full maintenance support to help you grow your business and stay competitive.
- Pricing: If you are a beginner, hiring an Angular developer per hour is better. This is positive for you as you can save a decent amount of money and get enough time to focus on other core areas of your business.
How to hire Angular developers
First, when hiring Angular developers, you must communicate your message correctly so potential employees understand what you want from them. They need to understand your vision and the challenges they may face while working on your project.
In addition, you should be clear about whether there is room for initiative and creating new and creative solutions. If you have precise requirements for what needs to be done, then you should inform potential team members and see if your candidates can handle them. Developers strive to offer new solutions and not just perform tasks.
When looking for a skilled Angular developer, checking their CVs, portfolios, and testimonials from clients and previous employers is essential. Of course, developer experience is critical, as working on similar or more significant projects will help improve the quality of your product. Technical requirements depend on the complexity of the tasks and the professional level.
What to look for in an Angular developer resume
- Deep knowledge of Angular Framework. Your Angular developer should have excellent knowledge of Angular. Since the framework is regularly updated and new versions are released, it is essential to keep learning and skills current.
- Excellent knowledge of web markup, HTML, and CSS. A developer experienced in web layout will have a solid understanding of element layout, UX concepts, and element interaction. Such knowledge is essential for the implementation of a quality project.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs. The RESTful API (Application Program Interface) uses HTTP requests to get, PUT, POST, and DELETE data. To be able to read API documentation and use it effectively, a developer must have experience with REST APIs.
- Knowledge of related technologies such as Node and Webpack. These technologies complement the framework, making the development process simpler and more efficient. If you are looking for intelligent developers, include them in your requirements.
- Attention to detail. Your developers need to be highly attentive to detail to write quality code and be able to catch bugs right away.
- Good communication skills. You need your Angular developers to be able to explain what’s going on. If hiring an Angular development team, you can have a project manager or delivery manager on their side for efficient collaboration.
To hire talented Angular developers, you should do a lot of research and preparation, from studying developers’ resumes and experience to identifying the proper requirements. Ultimately, you must understand that you need highly qualified specialists and a strong development team to collaborate effectively and achieve the best results.